Short video sharing apps punished for content violation
Share - WeChat

BEIJING -- A total of 15 short video sharing apps had been removed from app stores for spreading illegal content, the Cyberspace Administration of China (CAC) said Friday.
The apps were found to be indulging the spread of vulgar, violent, pornographic or pirated content, and promoting distorted information, according to the CAC and five other central agencies that jointly launched a crackdown campaign.
Three of them were shut down, while the other 12 were removed from app stores for overhaul.
In addition to the 15 apps, four other short video sharing platforms were also warned for violations and urged to shoulder their responsibilities.
Strengthened guidance and regulations are needed for the healthy development of the industry, the CAC said.
- China's 2025 summer box office surpasses 2024 as domestic films take the lead
- China targets online abuse of military veterans ahead of V-Day
- Qingdao-based area emerges as rising hub for regional growth
- Port city ramping up educational resources
- Macao International Airport gets materials for expansion job
- Hefei metro station marriage ceremony stuns international bloggers