Shanghai authorities provide update on latest COVID-19 case

The COVID-19 case in Shanghai that was reported on Wednesday was likely to have been infected by the recent imported cases or contaminated environments, said the municipal epidemic control authority on Friday.
The leader group of the Shanghai municipal COVID-19 prevention and control efforts said an epidemiological survey showed that the infected person who works in a hospital in Songjiang district had not made contact with domestic cases and their close contacts in the past 14 days, had not traveled to high- or middle-risk areas, and was not exposed to cold-chain logistics.
The Wednesday case was confirmed to be infected with the COVID-19 Delta variant, and the municipal center for disease control and prevention said that gene sequencing of the case was found to be related to previous imported COVID-19 cases who had been quarantined in the hospital where the female case works.
State and Shanghai experts concluded that the new infection case was due to a lapse in personal protection measures.
- China's 2025 summer box office surpasses 2024 as domestic films take the lead
- China targets online abuse of military veterans ahead of V-Day
- Qingdao-based area emerges as rising hub for regional growth
- Port city ramping up educational resources
- Macao International Airport gets materials for expansion job
- Hefei metro station marriage ceremony stuns international bloggers